For Facebook diehards

Marc

I don't see much difference in where you participate. Google your first name/TIJ. See what you come up with.

I tried it. It led not only to me but to Mike B, Mike O, Jim K, Chad & Jim M.

Dang near soiled my pants, yet you persist?

Marc

Try it again and get out the paper.

I googled "Marc/TIJ" the last time you started in on this. The third one down is full of your posts. Yet you persist.

I can't figure out why a guy who makes 1250 some odd posts within a year would be worried about it to begin with.

How does one prevent a deluge of Facebook requests when you get involved?

Every time I've tried it, I end up getting overwhelmed by "friend" requests from folks I've never heard of.

Ignore them. (click ignore)

One thing different about Face Book. Pretty much, everyone you have for a friend, you know, or should know. Most people don't stray far from familiarity.

Have fun with it. Your family is probably using it.

Stay away from their apps., like Bain said.

Marc you sort of remind me of my grandson at supper time when it comes to something that's good for him. I don't wanna.....I don't wanna.....I don't wanna.

Ok don't...but there is no point in constantly trashing things that don't work for you but does work for others. I've had tons of fun with facebook on a personal level and am getting results from my business site as well. Slowly but....results none the less.

Some businesses offer Facebook-only deals to draw in the customers. Friends of Patsy's, for example, get a large pie for $7.99. That's more than four bucks off the regular price. "It's given us an extra shot in the arm for nothing basically," said Scutari. "For the little time that's spent on it it's been a fantastic resource for us."

$4 off per pie is 'basically nothing'? How the hell much margin is there in pizza?

Facebook, Twitter, Linked In, etc, etc, etc... is no more of a danger than this forum. The net is easy. If you don't want it out, don't put it out. Like dating an easy women, sure it's fun, just don't get too carried away with being careful.

Dating easy women is way, Way, WAY more fun than Facebook. If it aint, then you've got one -or the other- terribly wrong.

Folks, if you don't feel like you have a good grasp of security on the internet, then you ought not to be on Facebook under your real name.

It's fairly simple: If you type it on a computer, you should be prepared for The World to read it.

How the hell much margin is there in pizza?

A lot. Like, one of the highest of any food service operation.

Pizza is damn good business. If you chart the growth of pizza as a percentage of diet per capita over the last 30 years, it's remarkable.

(I read this in a restaurant business rag a few years back.)

Some businesses offer Facebook-only deals to draw in the customers. Friends of Patsy's, for example, get a large pie for $7.99. That's more than four bucks off the regular price. "It's given us an extra shot in the arm for nothing basically," said Scutari. "For the little time that's spent on it it's been a fantastic resource for us."

$4 off per pie is 'basically nothing'? How the hell much margin is there in pizza? Sickening huh?

A good friend of mine is a big wig for Papa Johns. He told me a large pepperoni pizza, including the box, cost them around .60 each.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...