Extech meters

Chad Fabry

I don't quite get this recall.

John, as an associate editor I'm not allowed to make this stuff up- nor am I required to understand or care about the items I post from the CPSC website. In this case, I care even less than not-at-all because I have a Fluke Multi-Meter.

All that said, I'm impressed, touched even, by your concern and questioning attitude and I genuinely hope my all encompassing apathy doesn't result in you being a less caring, more cynical person.

I don't quite get this recall.

John, as an associate editor I'm not allowed to make this stuff up- nor am I required to understand or care about the items I post from the CPSC website. In this case, I care even less than not-at-all because I have a Fluke Multi-Meter.

All that said, I'm impressed, touched even, by your concern and questioning attitude and I genuinely hope my all encompassing apathy doesn't result in you being a less caring, more cynical person.

Thanks Chad. Rest assured that I was not gunning for you because you listed the information.

BTW, my clamp meter is Fluke too.

I think Marc explained it best. Thanks.

FYI: If you have Fluke, they had an almost identical recall about a year and a half ago: http://bit.ly/gUmQiP Check your clamp SN to make sure it wasn't affected (about 50,000).

[:-thumbu]

The instrument design seems to allow the meter to remain functional when the charge on the battery is insufficient for proper operation. It should not function at all.

Marc