LG Knock off

Chad Fabry

I realize that the words Harbor Freight and Good Quality appearing in the same sentence may raise a few eyebrows, but every once in a while it happens.

This ladder is the same as the Gorilla Brand ladders that HD used to sell. I own a couple of those and they have been steadfast workhorses for my inspection business and they now sport their fair share of various sticky products I've used on jobs while carrying tools. My ladders are looking like they belong to a roofer/ mason instead of an inspector so I've been watching for some replacements to keep clean just for inspecting.

Bottom line, great ladder, great price.

I find HF to have a few diamonds in the rough. I've had great luck with their paint sprayers and brad nailers.

When I was doing lots of fiberglass work, I'd use there angle die grinders to rough sand all the glass down. Never oiled them because it would blow out the exhaust and get all over the piece (causing the paint to do weird stuff). Had one for years with no oil and never did lock it up.

That oscillating spindle sander is a Rikon under a different name at 1/2 the cost too.

• 3 years later...
On 1/14/2014 at 8:05 AM, Chad Fabry said:

Bottom line, great ladder, great price.

Whoever wants mine, they can have it (really).  It weighs a ton, and I'm sorry I ever bought it as a back-up to my LG (which, by the way, I got in 1989 and have used since '93 for inspections).

Edited by Jerry Simon
typo

1 hour ago, Jerry Simon said:

Whoever wants mine, they can have it (really).  It weighs a ton, and I'm sorry I ever bought it as a back-up to my LG (which, by the way, I got in 1989 and have used since '93 for inspections).

The ladder in the link is different than the ladder that was in the link 3 years ago when I reviewed it. They used to be almost identical to LGs. That said, does anyone have a grandmother who lives near Jerry who may be able to help carry his ladders?

• Like 2