sorting boiler plate comments

Gary,

I understand that staying on target with the way the template is set up while inspecting could speed up report writing. My problem is, I can't seem to stay boxed by the template while inspecting. It's just not my style.

With palm tech, I dont upload the pictures to the report writing software. I drag them from the windows pic folder over to the line in the report. There's nothing confusing or complicated about it. It's just a matter of me being able to adjust efficiency to my particular style of inspecting and report writing. For instance, if I'm having to wait for an AC unit to mozy through its delay process on start up, I'm jabbing receptacles with my tester while I wait. So there's a host of things that can cause changes or delays. I'm always adapting and have never been able to be locked in a box of the report template.

The latest screen shots I've showed is my new method of quickly sorting pictures prior to report writing. The idea is to unscramble my activity which I exercised while inspecting. I've just finished writing my first report using this method and I'm quite pleased with the results so far.

One major reason I did not even look at HG is that (at least at the time) they did not have an app for the iphone. The iphone is my device which I carry around when inspecting and the app is very helpful. I use the data collected on the app along with pictures I take with my Panasonic Lumix to write the report on Windows 7 PC.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic