Get Ready for Mobile by April 21

Google announced on webmastertools that there will be changes regarding the ranking signals of mobile and non-mobile friendly websites sites. The change goes into effect April 21.

This change will affect mobile searches in all languages worldwide and will have a significant impact in our search results.

This means that if your website isn't mobile friendly by April 21 you might not show up on top of the mobile search results. Home inspectors are one of the industries that could have a significant impact by this change.

Google has put together a guide to help you get ready.

https://developers.google.com/webmasters/mobile-sites/

Michael

• 7 months later...

Chad I have you on a Windows server using .net and I can put up a Windows theme on it, but I think I should move you off to WordPress on a different server. Last update on the blogengine was over 1 year ago and it just doesn't have all the plugins and easy to use options WordPress does (and never will). It means moving your email also... you would have to save down all your email. Right?

I've got a guy working on making mine mobile friendly. Kind of late and still waiting but it's coming, right, Mike?

I backed up your site already and put webmaster tools on your old site to check the status. I also looked into some of the other issues mainly the duplicate content problems and all those broken links. All the content needs to go through copyscape...

The tripod site is a duplicate of yours and the radon domain needs to be 301'ed to the site. The photo gallery on the tripod site can be easily and quickly reproduced in the wordpress site but we need to save it down first? Got access?

BTW: This link doesn't work kentuckyhomeinspections.com

Upon closer inspection it appeared that this wasn't going to be as quick as I hoped. I think the best way is to put up a dummy site for the design and content and export it when done and then move your site over that way it's only down for a day.

Right?

Chad I have you on a Windows server using .net and I can put up a Windows theme on it, but I think I should move you off to WordPress on a different server. Last update on the blogengine was over 1 year ago and it just doesn't have all the plugins and easy to use options WordPress does (and never will). It means moving your email also... you would have to save down all your email. Right?

All my mail comes directly to a Gmail account. Nothing is saved to download.

I've got a guy working on making mine mobile friendly. Kind of late and still waiting but it's coming, right, Mike?

I backed up your site already and put webmaster tools on your old site to check the status. I also looked into some of the other issues mainly the duplicate content problems and all those broken links. All the content needs to go through copyscape...

Not sure what you mean about the duplicate content problems. I thought we were just going to skip the links stuff.

The tripod site is a duplicate of yours and the radon domain needs to be 301'ed to the site. The photo gallery on the tripod site can be easily and quickly reproduced in the wordpress site but we need to save it down first? Got access?

Yes, but it's a pain in the ass to get to and change. I guess that's how they keep you paying. It's been a long time since I made any changes there. I'll probably start over with a new album.

BTW: This link doesn't work kentuckyhomeinspections.com

It does now.

Upon closer inspection it appeared that this wasn't going to be as quick as I hoped.

Is it ever?

I think the best way is to put up a dummy site for the design and content and export it when done and then move your site over that way it's only down for a day.

Whatever you think is best. That's why you get the big bucks!

Right?

I was told Mike is always right, so yes!

Chad,

Your site content is all backed up.

Go here and pick starter hosting package:

http://nitroshock.com/hosting/

On the domain page select "I will use my existing domain and update my nameservers".

Update your name servers to:

NS1.nitroshock.com

NS2.nitroshock.com

BTW: I also noticed a bit of content was copied to your activerain.com blog. So you need to remove from there or create some new.

Let me know after you update your name servers and I will finish the rest.

Michael

Not sure what you mean about the duplicate content problems. I thought we were just going to skip the links stuff.

Your site content is duplicated on the tripod site as well as the framed domains that hold your pages.

You need unique content on each site for it to help... otherwise it hurts. It wasn't a problem 10 years ago... but it is now.

I usually use copyscape.com to check for dups.

Michael

Chad,

On the domain page select "I will use my existing domain and update my nameservers".

NS1.nitroshock.com

NS2.nitroshock.com

BTW: I also noticed a bit of content was copied to your activerain.com blog. So you need to remove from there or create some new.

Michael

I'm not sure what any of this means. Can I just email my credit card info to you?

I'll fix the active rain.

Chad,

NS1.nitroshock.com

NS2.nitroshock.com

Michael

I'm not sure what any of this means. Can I just email my credit card info to you?

I'll fix the active rain.

OK, I figured this out after Googling "nameserver". I made the changes you asked for.