Fun facts

Tom Raymond

I attended 7.5 hours of CEUs yesterday. Unfortunately there were only two valuable bits of information to be gained.

First, in NY State 38% of Realtors required to take CEUs don't.

And second, home inspections are supposed to be non-intrusive and non-abrasive. So says the inspector mill instructor who has been inspecting fewer years I have.

To think we are the only party in the transaction not allowed to do online CEUs.

I likely am at the top of my game at this point in my life. Not physically, but measured by my inspection ability. That said, I quit doing active inspections abt a year ago because I knew how abrasive I had become. I had gotten to a point that I could not force myself to be nice to agents that got "in my way".

I still go out every day and shadow the guys, do commercial stuff, legal stuff or work on my apology tour.

No regrets, just thankful for the decades of fun making money, doing what I wanted and being in a pioneer position in this business.

You gotta eat, but then again you gotta sleep too.

I attended 7.5 hours of CEUs yesterday. Unfortunately there were only two valuable bits of information to be gained.

First, in NY State 38% of Realtors required to take CEUs don't.

And second, home inspections are supposed to be non-intrusive and non-abrasive. So says the inspector mill instructor who has been inspecting fewer years I have.

To think we are the only party in the transaction not allowed to do online CEUs.

I was SHHHSHED by an attorney listening for the "key words" she needed to complete her online CE, a few years ago.

She explained the whole thing to me. No need to understand the content, as long as you had the words they handed you. Friggin, Beautiful!

Maybe. Plausible, anyway.

This is an excellent reminder, though, of why straight statistics don't tell a story.

Lots of depopulation, Chicago lead the nation's cities in population loss, etc., etc.

Chicago was net gain, though, on college educated professionals with good jobs. IOW, it's poor people being forced out through increased rents and gentrification, and no mfg. jobs.

Actual proportions are consistent with a lot of other gentrifying cities. Chicago lost largest numbers because we're a lot bigger than other cities. As far as percentages, we're not that whacked out.

None of this says anything. It only means what people bring to it.

And I will continue to cut my swath through the realtors of Chicago. I'm in this gig long enough, I'm running into my own legend this year. It's my gig. I run it. Realtors don't like it, they get politely stiff armed. If they want to play with me, it's my rules, and there doesn't seem to be a lack of folks wanting to play with me.

If that's abrasive, I'm proud of it. I hope the next generation of inspectors don't wimp out, and expand on what we've done.