Do Flyers and Leaflets Work?

a1home

If Marc feels the need for name calling, maybe I should step back and reconsider my approach.

it starts with what regulation doesn't do: require disclosure of COI's, then moves to the problem of a lack of a metric for inspector expertise which inconveniences both homebuyer and the governor (trying to seat the most qualified folks on the Board). After that is a novel way of determining inspector expertise and a couple other COI's relating to termite inspectors and 3rd party code inspectors on a Builder's payroll. Several other topics until I hit 90 minutes.

Tell me, Marc. In what way is this information beneficial to first time homebuyers, who likely don't have much of an understanding of what a home inspector is, to begin with?

What is it you hope they will take away from this that will give them an understanding of the home inspection process?

Are these folks on the edge of their seats while you explain about (trying to seat the most qualified folks on the Board)?

If you have to ask why a homebuyer would need to know about conflicts of interests that they may be exposed to as they consider the purchase of residential property, why they should not depend on an agent for a referral, the fallacy of certs, guarantees and association membership, then I'll never get you to understand anything at all.

Yeah, I'm done reading your posts.

I apologize for the name calling.

Marc

...looks like anyone vulnerable enough to sign up for "treatment" as an "FTB" is pretty much sharkbait anyway.

It's not about vulnerability, at least not the joint Federal/State Home Ownership Training program (HOT) I've been talking about. Any first time homebuyer (FTB) that completes this program became eligible for certain discounts and subsidized interest rates. It's not required of anyone. It takes two consecutive nights to complete.

Marc

But we got to learn "couillion". It's not all bad.

I had to look it up.

http://dictionary.reverso.net/french-english/couillon

What are my odds of being "found out" if I use Marc's "couillion" in an inspection report? Keep in mind that TX is adjacent to LA and I'm sure there are a bunch of Cajun's in Texas, but most of my clients are certainly not Cajun or from LA.

Humm ... gives me food for thought for sure. [?]

But we got to learn "couillion". It's not all bad.

I had to look it up.

http://dictionary.reverso.net/french-english/couillon

What are my odds of being "found out" if I use Marc's "couillion" in an inspection report? Keep in mind that TX is adjacent to LA and I'm sure there are a bunch of Cajun's in Texas, but most of my clients are certainly not Cajun or from LA.

Humm ... gives me food for thought for sure. [?]

It would be politically incorrect to use that word for anyone other than agents, so...beware.

Marc

Strikes me as a word best avoided by northerners - in fact, probably, anyone outside of southern LA - unless they want to sound like posers.

I'll stick to the insults indigenous to my own upbringing: moron, shithead, dumbass, or the ever reliable cocksuckinmotherfukintwoballedbitchinbastardasshole

• Haha 1

Strikes me as a word best avoided by northerners - in fact, probably, anyone outside of southern LA - unless they want to sound like posers.

I'll stick to the insults indigenous to my own upbringing: moron, shithead, dumbass, or the ever reliable cocksuckinmotherfukintwoballedbitchinbastardasshole

Well played Jim, well played.

• 3 months later...

Hey Guys,

Do Flyers and Leaflets work?

Currently I am doing only SEO for my website and nothing else but someone told me about the leaflets. I am not sure whether it will work or not.

What do you think?

From an agent perspective (and a recent buyer), I think efforts are better spent where people spend time and connect with everything else in their lives - online.

I'm curious, what are doing for SEO? And I wouldn't say "only", hundreds of buyers and agents search for home inspectors each month, and SEO is the way to be there!