Deal Killer, again! (humble brag)

Erby

A buyer's inspection for a guy whose house I inspected, for that buyer, when he sold it a few months ago. This was a 100 plus year old house with a stone foundation. Picture looks like it was taken with a fish eye lens. It wasn't.

Click to Enlarge
tn_20161023222831_B4U060.jpg

50.65 KB

Add to that a cast iron main sewer line to the street that stopped taking water and leaked back into the basement at the cast iron wye at the top of the picture.

Client loves me:

"Erby's inspection is the most thorough I have ever seen. He found several things, but in particular he had 2 major issues on the house he inspected for us . It resulted in us withdrawing our contract because the owner would not take care of them. His inspection was an investment that literally saved us thousands of dollars."

The realtors, well [:-censore [:-censore [:-censore

I don't know why they couldn't negotiate repairs. It's not like those problems are going away!

It's a good thing I don't have to depend on realtor referrals!

...often the realtor/seller team have said about my reports, "This is just too "technical", or "so complicated". Funny that the buyer can read it fine but they can't.

When I get to the point where I've had enough of that, I tell them 'I don't work for you. I work for my client'. That has happened only a few times in 14 yrs. It's about as rude as I'll get.

Marc