Inspecting a Rock in Sedona, AZ

Never heard of a Sedona Vortex before this.... from a website......"This is truly one of Sedona?s energy centers and will give you the vortex experience you are looking for. However, one of the prices you pay by visiting this vortex is that it is very popular and you are seldom able to be alone especially on the weekends."

The vortex experience I've been looking for. Sharing my vortex experience with The People.

My wife and I found a local brewhouse when we visited Sedona a couple years ago. Good brew and Sedona's nice scenery.

But, we were really enjoying a log cabin/house we rented a bit further North just East of Williams, AZ. Beautiful, quite and not too far from an active railroad line where I could get excellent JPGs of passing trains.

Also, easy access to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon.

Have thought more than once about retiring to a log home in the woods over there.

Image is of the rental we had for a week for wife and our kids/grandkids.

Click to Enlarge
tn_2016112816232_IMG_0227_Edit.jpg

81.57 KB

The Grand Canyon is too crowded and the village and restaurants suck. That's not the canyon's fault. It's definitely a must see before you die.

Sedona was more stunningly intimate. Very few people on the trail which was nice. The trail we took - there are many- was about a 6 mile loop around a mountain and every 100 yds everything changes. Amazing.

I apparently missed the vortex.

Click to Enlarge
tn_20161128211625_a%20GC%20trees%20right%20PB240165.jpg

77.26 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_20161128211653_A%20HOOVER%20DAM.jpg

70.26 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_20161128211728_a%20PB230103A%20dead%20tree%20prickly%20pear.jpg

79.79 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_20161128212159_a%20PB240154WOW%20CG%20panarama.jpg

64.5 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_20161128212255_a%20PB240186AA%20GC%20dead%20tree.jpg

83.47 KB

Mike, those trees are dead and I think I see a crack in that dam dam. [:)]

We liked Sedona but set up camp in a town to the West which name I'd have to Google if it was NB.

We hiked and saw javelinas, which are very cool desert pigs that eat cactus like it's popcorn.

We were encroached upon once or twice by jeeps full of tourists. They bolt bench seats in the back so 6 or 7 peeps can ride. [:)]

No harm to the terrain tho, as it is all exposed bedrock or sand.

There's a rock you can see from Sedona that the locals call Snoopy. It's more real than the Vortex.

Click to Enlarge
tn_20161128131152_Snoopy.jpg

53.08 KB

There's also one that the locals call "Pecker Rock." (Sorry, no picture.) My mother-in-law patiently explained to me that it's called that because it "looks like a big pecker."

She's a plain spoken gal.

• 4 months later...

Sedona isn't as advertised. It's actually far beyond what I expected. It's amazing. I drove the switchback inside the canyon on the way in, for what must have been 15 miles. It's the most fun stretch of road I've ever been on.

We're staying an extra day and hope to come here perhaps once a year to relax.

Marc

Love Sedona, we were there a few years ago, may retire there or nearby someday. Drove up Oak Creek Canyon to Flagstaff, I remember seeing two different black bears run across the road in front of us. And everyone needs to see the Grand Canyon - great memory of sitting on the rim with my legs dangling over, drinking coffee and watching the sun come up on my right and a full moon setting on my left. One of the few places you can see wild condors.