New Project Maplewood

Is construction supervision a better job than inspecting houses?

Marc

Not to speak for Darren but my guess is that it depends on the day.

I was at a draw meeting for construction of a large multifamily project when the building owner and the owner of the contracting firm started to get into an argument. Veins were popping out of their foreheads, tabletops were being pounded, and the job trailer was rocking back & forth as they kept getting in each others' faces. I was sitting there, trying not to roll my eyes, when the construction supervisor sidled up behind me, and whispered, "Wanna trade jobs?"

Is construction supervision a better job than inspecting houses?

Marc

Not to speak for Darren but my guess is that it depends on the day.

I was at a draw meeting for construction of a large multifamily project when the building owner and the owner of the contracting firm started to get into an argument. Veins were popping out of their foreheads, tabletops were being pounded, and the job trailer was rocking back & forth as they kept getting in each others' faces. I was sitting there, trying not to roll my eyes, when the construction supervisor sidled up behind me, and whispered, "Wanna trade jobs?"

I haven't seen even an ounce of incivility since starting draw inspections 2 or 3 years ago. Every single site super I've ever met was professional throughout.

Marc