flashlight bulbs

Jim Baird

Jim -- Using your words ... you are a "cheapskate".

I got an Olight M20-X Warrior flashlight well over 7 years ago with a rechargeable cell and have not broken or lost it yet ... or spent any additional $$ for cells, etc..

I also recall Kurt M. indicating that the light shroud on the light can be used to keep 'zoids' at bay. !!

Edited by Nolan Kienitz

Right, the best lights have lithium ion batteries. Mine was an i Drill. I say was because I left it on a shelf in a closet. I loved that light (sniff).

This light goes all day and recharges in 40 mins. or less. The mirrored head has about 20 LED's, no kidding.

Jim, replacing bulbs goes against the grain, like trying to refill a Bic lighter. Forget it.

The i Drill light has a flaw, in that it needs a belt hook or wrist strap.

whites-i-drill.jpg

Edited by John Kogel

4 hours ago, Nolan Kienitz said:

Jim -- Using your words ... you are a "cheapskate".

A little background, Nolan.

My grandmother's Scotch heritage was so ingrained that through all my childhood years, she would only buy me and my brothers socks and/or underwear for Christmas, with the rationale that only what was truly needed qualified as gifts.

Cheap crap ends up costing more.  If I wear $30 shoes, they don't make it two weeks in this gig.  Spend over $100 and they last till I can't remember when I bought them.

Buy a torch that lasts a decade, or more.  Buy top of the line from a good vendor and they'll send you replacement bulbs, switches, etc. at no cost.

Dang, I couldn't imagine using a 350 lumens light anymore. I need 1000 lumens minimum. 

I'd suggest the Zebralight sc600f MK 3 plus. It's on sale for $79 right now. Zebralight has the best user interface of any lights I've tried. Super durable, stupid bright and plenty of run time. You can get the non protected cells required for the light right from Zebralight for about $7 each. A decent XTAR charger runs about $25. You'd be all set for about $135, and that includes the light, four batteries and charger. 

http://www.zebralight.com/SC600-Mk-III-18650-XHP35-Flashlight-Cool-White_p_174.html

On 11/13/2017 at 6:02 PM, Jim Baird said:

My grandmother's Scotch heritage was so ingrained that through all my childhood years, she would only buy me and my brothers socks and/or underwear for Christmas, with the rationale that only what was truly needed qualified as gifts.

I can well understand. My Norwegian grandmother and grandfather on the farm in NE Montana were quite similar.

• 7 months later...
On 11/13/2017 at 5:02 PM, Jim Baird said:

On 11/14/2017 at 5:49 PM, Nolan Kienitz said:

I can well understand. My Norwegian grandmother and grandfather on the farm in NE Montana were quite similar.

I had an aunt who was so frugal, that when we cleared the table after dinner, we were not allowed to stack the dishes...... because then we had to wash both sides. 

On 11/14/2017 at 7:49 PM, Nolan Kienitz said:

My grandmother always gave us socks and underwear for Christmas. It's a tradition I carry on with my kids. Far from the only gifts they get, but they always get them.

• 2 years later...

Not sure if being frugal is limited to any one nationality - As a late Gen Z'er I grew up with stories of the great depression and how we should waste not. Amazing how that generation carried those values with them their whole lives and passed them along to us!

<a href=”http://www.homeinspectionneohio.com”>Rubber City Home Inspections Akron Ohio</a>