Sign in to follow this  
Mike Lamb

Fenix flashlights

Is Fenix still the go to flashlight?  My PD31 which I loved has finally crapped on me with an unworkable on/off button after six years I believe.

I am now using my Ultra fire XD-502B back up which I bought a few years ago for about $11 and have never used. Very nice light. And about $60 less than the Fenix.

Edited by Mike Lamb

I like the UC35...usb rechargeable, 1,000 lumens. Fenixstore.com gives my little inspection school a 15% discount. Code=chad15  

I have a xyLED MD50. Hi and low beam,  plus strobe and sos functions try not to use. Focusing lense. It came with a 2100Ah 18650 and charger, a AAA adapter and a nice case for less than $50.

Since I busted my teenager with an e-cig, I also have a pair of 2500Ah 18650s that I kept when I tossed his vape in the trash.

This is my go to light. My backup is a $10 Eveready led that came with batteries. My backup backup is my $60 Coast that I have to smack to get it to turn on (despite 2 warranty repairs).

I  bought the Fenix UC35 and am happy with it so far.  Sunlight bright with four levels of brightness.  I did not get Chad's discount but was given $36 off because of an insiders discount – not sure what that meant but I bought Fenix before.  I got it in four days.  $54. No shipping fee.

Does anyone know if it would be a problem to recharge my new 18650, 3.6 V, 3400mAh,  in the charger for my old 2600mAh, 3.7 V batteries?

4 hours ago, Mike Lamb said:

Does anyone know if it would be a problem to recharge my new 18650, 3.6 V, 3400mAh,  in the charger for my old 2600mAh, 3.7 V batteries?

If you haven't been here before, it's THE flashlight-geeks forum for such a question. (That said, I searched their forum years ago with a similar concern; read for about an hour, and left more confused than when I started.)

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/content.php

as long as you don't mix different mAh & type lith-ion, ni-cad, nimh etc. in the charger at the same time

it shouldn't be a problem & may take longer for the higher rated mAh  depending on your charger

Edited by BADAIR