Hog Heaven Bungalow

I was in hog heaven inspecting this old girl the other day. Experienced intense jealousy pangs at my inability to compete for these houses in this market.

Five or six years ago, this house probably would have sold for about $450 to $500K here. Now look where it is.

Remember the one for sale for $15K in Statesville, VA that needed to be moved and is in one of the previous posts in this category? I think this one could practically be its twin.

Some day.

Here's the link: http://www.zillow.com/Gallery.htm?zpid=49098567

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

1.1 million for a 2600 sq.ft. house...good grief. I just did one here going for a little more than that, but it incuded a 4600 sq. ft. main house, a 4100 sq. ft. guest/gathering lodge, a 1000 sq. ft. cabin on a 12 acre pond, a large all-steel shop/shed for heavy equipment, two horse stables (with 3 horses and miles of fencing), and 165 acres of land. That's a very nice Bungalow, but if I had a choice between the two properties....

Boy, somebody really liked to garden and landscape around the ole' Bungalow. Damn near buried the poor thing in plants.

Brian G.

Bungalows Are Beautiful [:-angel]

Originally posted by Brian G.

Boy, somebody really liked to garden and landscape around the ole' Bungalow. Damn near buried the poor thing in plants.

Brian G.

Bungalows Are Beautiful [:-angel]

Hi Brian,

This one isn't too bad. It's got a large basement and a ton of storage. Even has a library!

Last week, I did a 900 sf builder's bungalow and a crawlspace for a young lady. $400K+ I think. Real basic living room-dining room, two bedrooms and a kitchen. What used to be the back porch and had been added later, was taken up by a bathroom and utility-laundry room. She's from Pittsburgh and her Dad had been out to see it. He called me up two days after I emailed her the report and was like, "What the hell is the matter with folks out there paying so much for little tiny cracker boxes like that?" I told him that I agreed that the price of real estate was pretty obscene here, but asked if he'd ever watched that show, The Property Ladder. Then I pointed out that I've seen 600 sf bungalows in California go for $800 - $900K on that show, so we aren't the worst in the country. By the way, her bungalow could have been purchased here in 1996 for about $110K. Not too bad an investment if someone had bought it back then and held onto it for 10 years.

As far as the way it blends in with the landscaping, that's the way they are supposed to look. Bungalows are generally supposed to harmonize with nature. On this one, as with many down in California, the chimney and the columns at the corners of the front porch are done with clinker bricks. They flare out near the in an irregular pattern, kind of like the roots of a big old Oak tree, and look like they just sort of blend/disappear into the ground, as if they'd grown there.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike