Old HVAC Tech

Originally posted by inspecthistoric

I have a 1920 edition of the Handbook for Heating and Ventilating Engineers and have learned some great info about stuff I still see.

I just came across the 1913 edition, recently digitized by Google, for all to read.

www.google.com/books?id=fK5EAAAAIAAJ&pr ... er#PPP1,M1

I never knew that engineers needed to be heated and ventilated.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by inspecthistoric

I have a 1920 edition of the Handbook for Heating and Ventilating Engineers and have learned some great info about stuff I still see.

I just came across the 1913 edition, recently digitized by Google, for all to read.

www.google.com/books?id=fK5EAAAAIAAJ&pr ... er#PPP1,M1

Very cool book. Thanks for posting this Bill.

• 1 month later...

Neat book! It's also at Archive.org. There, you have a choice of several ways to download or read the book. On the left side of the page, in the view the book box, click on flip book. How cool is that?

They also have one of my all time favorite books, Maxims and instructions for the boiler room. I have a near mint condition copy that I bought when I was 13 or 14 years old. Yeah, I was a strange kid - I had a subscription to Popular Science when I was 11.

Archive.org is an amazing treasure trove. I've 'wasted' many hours with the Wayback Machine: "Browse through 85 billion web pages archived from 1996 to a few months ago." In addition to books, there are also videos, audio recordings and other stuff.

One of my many regrets in life was not going to see the Grateful Dead when they played in my hometown in 1979, when I was 18 years old. I don't remember why I didn't go, but ever since then, I've wondered what the show was like and what I missed. Since I found Archive.org, I no longer need wonder. Grateful Dead at Kirby Field House, May 7, 1979

Isn't the internet incredible?