Letters to Authors - So, what did you think?

hausdok

Mike,

I went back to look at my article from the home page and when I clicked on read more, I got a request for a password. It would not accept beta or my new password. If it will copy and paste, here's what I got.

You are logged on as

Paul MacLean

Home

Forums MenuAll ForumsActive TopicsActive PollsPhoto AlbumsFile ListerFile Library

>Events Calendar MenuEvents CalendarDailyMonthlyYearlyEvents List

>Members MenuMembersMy ProfileMy Subscriptions

>Guestbook MenuGuestbookSign My GuestbookView My Guestbook

>About MenuThe RabbleFAQ

Active Topics | Active Polls | Resources | Members | Online Users | Live Chat | Avatar Legend | Search | Statistics

[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 1 ] [ Total: 2 ] [ Newest Member: John ]

[ PM Inbox Paul MacLean - You have 0 message ] [ There Are 1 active topic since your last visit ]

There Was A Problem

You must enter the password for this forum.

Go Back

Return to the forum

Briefback, The Inspector's Journal Inspectors-Only Forum © 2003 all topics or replies that are posted are copyrighted material of

The Inspector's Journal A division of Kenmore Residential Services LLC.

This page took 0.12 seconds to load... Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000

Dang!

I meant to go to the front page and check that to see if that was going to happen and I forgot![:-banghead]

I was trying to set things up so that only I could post new topics to that particular forum, because the first entry in each new topic becomes a headline on the front page. I wanted to do that because if I don't I can see brother Nick Gromicko showing up and posting one of his NACHI 'news releases'. Can you imagine if one of these nights he posted his list of things that NACHI is 'first' at, that Scott Warga was venting about on Flame 'n Blame the other night?[:-censored]

So, I tried to make it password protected so that only myself or Mike B. or Rose could post initial posts there. My plan was that if anyone wants to pass on 'news', that I'd check the facts first before I posted it to the front page.

Guess, I screwed up.[:-dunce]

It's fixed now.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by kurt

Paul,

Nice little history. Hope it never happens here!

I don't understand what the "nice little history" is. There is no referent in the conversation menu that was in front of me. - ?

Now, I'm looking around for a large POST button and don't see one. Maybe it's the 'Post New Reply' button. If it is that one, then it's misleading, since - to my mind - a 'new' reply would be one other than this one. It should simply say 'Post" or Post This Reply. I'll try it now . . .

-David