I'm pretty sure it's not rubbing Mike. I've only got 200 miles on the hitch so far but I don't see any unusual wear spots.

Equal-i-zer sells rubber pads, that mount onto the L bracket for the wd bar, that are designed to help with noise. I bought two of them and will try it on the next run. Also what Dave said about it being new I'm sure holds true.

It does what it is designed to do though. I had a few semi's blow past me and it didn't budge, steady as a rock.

I didn't think John was talking about trailer hitches [8]

Indeed. I couldn't imagine pulling my trailer without my EAZ-LIFT. It became obvious during the experimental phase to find the perfect tension, I'd be all over the road and restricted to well under 55 miles an hour without it. They're truly an amazing advancement.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pads are useless. I tried them as well. They might last two trips. It's just a noisy setup. Like I said mine got better the more I used it. As for grease on the ball I have always done it and never had a problem.

I always mean to. I was just mostly a bit surprised by trailer tech's indifference to the practice. I had not expected such an attitude from a mechanic.