The "Original" Tea Party... Zeppelin-Mooring site

Yusef Lateef, Eric Dolphy, Charles Laws......almost forgot the flautists.....

OK, you really are displaying symptoms of something. "Charles Laws?" Did you mean Hubert Laws or Charles Lloyd? And let's not leave off the great soprano players, Steve Lacy and Gary Bartz. Bartz is still alive and blowing, while also holding down a professorship at a music school in Ohio. My favorite cat.

At some point in Zeppelin's days they stopped touring in the US because they said something bad happened every time they did. The last one was '77 I believe.

My dad was with NSA. In '78-'79 and we lived in Copenhagen Denmark. During that time, Zeppelin toured Europe. Copenhagen was one of their stops. It was a two night gig. The first night they overloaded the electrical system on the old theater, fried some stuff and the show was delayed for several hours. Luckily, my friend and I had tickets to the second night and it was a great show.

Some things you never forget. I'll never forget how the crowd exploded out of their seats when they launched into the song "Kashmir" at about mid show.

I'm the only one out of all my old friends who ever got a chance to see Zeppelin live. I think my sister still has a billboard poster that had been posted to advertise the show.