Odd Door Hardware

. . . After reviewing the picture again I'm pretty sure it's going to take a lot more than a smile - woof. 2nd row up from the bottom - 2nd in from the right is the only one that holds any hope. Thank you God for not letting me be born back then.

Man, you're a tough customer. (Though the girl with the black tie is lovely.)

Here's a test. The following is an unflattering picture of a woman who is (was) famous for her beauty. Can you see the beauty behind the horrible camera angle and the awkward expression?

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif whomi.jpg

33.44 KB

It is a cool site however Jim. How did you happen upon it?

It's been so long, I don't really remember, but ASHI member Rick Bowling might have turned me on to it.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Here's a test. The following is an unflattering picture of a woman who is (was) famous for her beauty. Can you see the beauty behind the horrible camera angle and the awkward expression?

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif whomi.jpg

33.44 KB

Looks British.

Shot in the dark - Grace Kelly?

Hint: Swedish.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Ingrid Bergman

I believe that Jerry has hit the nail. True?

I was out of bullets and would have had to hit Google.

It's a soft-close damper. The door closer is the coil spring type.

It's a hard close, unlike the spring-with-hydraulic closers we're familiar with, that slows down the swing before closing completely.

Were they sold as a set?

I don't know, I'm not that old. It's probably safe to assume you would purchase both, as they're both together in your found pictures.
I find that picture troublesome What a collection of ugly chicks.
If you compare that picture with one taken today, you'd find the latter showing over 30% of the kids are obese, 65% have tats and multiple piercings, they'd be dressed like slobs and they'd all be texting each other.

Yeah, I'd seen the ring but I thought it was supposed to be a bunch of students at a high school or something like that, so I'd assumed, since she's wearing some kind of badge on her shirt, bodice, whatever that she was a teacher or staff.

The badge means that they're members of the High School Cadet Corps, Company F. (Company F had something of a checkered past, it seems.)

Several of the same girls are in this picture and wearing slightly more appealing expressions:

http://www.shorpy.com/node/6269?size=_original

- Jim Katen, Oregon

OK,

Huge improvement in that picture. Turn that bunch onto some modern day cosmetics and there'd be some hope for 'em, but most of those in the previous were scary.

Ingrid, right?

Saw a cover of some magazine at a check out yesterday that showed a bunch of today's stars sans makeup, including Angelina Jolie - wuff, wuff.

Aw, I probably shouldn't talk, when I'm not inspecting, they use me at the local rehab centers to stand on the other side of a mirrorless mirror and convince people that they're hallucinating so badly that they really do need to clean up.

ONE TEAM - ONE FRIGHT!!!

Mike

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!