Funny Sign

. . . The Ruger LCP is wicked small, and designed for CC. We looked at a small .40 caliber--by Bersa, I think--but it was too large and too heavy for a purse.

Purse? What the heck good is a gun going to do in a purse?

Check out these:

http://www.guns4gals.com/Holsters.html

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Ha, ha. I definitely like the bra-lster and the gun-ter belt, but we were thinking more along the lines of, "Okay, I'm walking to my car in a dark parking structure, and if some punk starts some shit, he's gonna learn that being blonde and 120 pounds isn't synonymous with defenseless."

The velocity of the .45 is much slower and it literally hits you like a linebacker and will take you off your feet.

Anyone else ever stood in front of your vehicles headlights while target practicing with a .45 ACP? It's like shooting tracer rounds-- you can see each bullet walking down to the target.

No one believes it till they actually see it. I've never owned a .45, but I've shot friends'. I remember seeing the bullet, and then watching it drop, drop, drop, which really screws with your aim after the fact.

What Jerry said about the .380 is kind of true, but I nail my silhouettes to wooden pallets laid against a dirt mound on my friend's farm, and the bullets penetrate the 1"-bys just fine.

others however seem keen for action with the bear; I expect these gentlemen will give us some amusement sho[r]tly as they soon begin now to copulate."

Their conclusion was that the grizzly would keep coming on when it simply didn't seem possible.

I dunno, Micheal, I'm still trying to get my head around this Lewis and Clark sentence. Just what exactly were them boys up to? [:)]

others however seem keen for action with the bear; I expect these gentlemen will give us some amusement sho[r]tly as they soon begin now to copulate."

Their conclusion was that the grizzly would keep coming on when it simply didn't seem possible.

I dunno, Micheal, I'm still trying to get my head around this Lewis and Clark sentence. Just what exactly were them boys up to? [:)]

I believe it was actually intended to be humor, on the part of Meriwether Lewis. (The journals are peppered with it.) It seems that he was suggesting that those keen for action (continued hunting, confrontation and general taunting) with the bears may get more than they bargained for.

Meriwether was the naturalist of the bunch - constantly documenting the discovery of new animals, flora and fauna. He tells of the ordeal they went through to dig out, and then when that didn't work, flood out a prairie dog to send back, along with other things, to President Jefferson.

He also tells of their medical cure all - Dr. Rush's thunder-bolts, which basically purged the intestines of everything. They apparently brought a ton of them and used them for everything.

Their trek was arduous, but they apparently had some pretty good times together, as well. It's easy to overlook the fact that the fifty-two men that went on the expedition were as human as you and me - prone to depression, fatigue, laughing, practical jokes, etc.

I'm pretty confident that, if you read the journals, the statement in question was indeed humor. [:-mohawk][:-party][:-mischie[:D]