Language Learning on CD

Have an interest in learning Spanish?

I spent a ton of cash purchasing one learning series after another (probably eight altogether) and found most of them to be not very engaging, but the one below was outstanding. In about thirty minutes the instructor gives you basic rules that help you realize that through merely a minor change in the ending of an English word, you have the Spanish word. That mean you can begin with about 2000 Spanish words in your head before you even learn how to put them together into sentences. That's a pretty good start. This war hero and language instructor is into crash-course teaching and has instructed movie stars to speak decent spanish in three days.

Michel Thomas Speak Spanish

His series are usually on the shelf at Barnes & Noble for a very reasonable price. I can't imagine even the highly advertised on TV methods teaching you any faster.

Every time you leave your vehicle, you'll be able to speak considerably more Spanish than when you got in.

He also does German, Italian and French

I spent a ton of cash purchasing one learning series after another (probably eight altogether) and found most of them to be not very engaging, but the one below was outstanding. In about thirty minutes the instructor gives you basic rules that help you realize that through merely a minor change in the ending of an English word, you have the Spanish word.

Yes, a friend got into big trouble with that belief once. Without going into details, let's just say that embaraza doesn't mean embarassed, but it might make you so.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

I spent a ton of cash purchasing one learning series after another (probably eight altogether) and found most of them to be not very engaging, but the one below was outstanding. In about thirty minutes the instructor gives you basic rules that help you realize that through merely a minor change in the ending of an English word, you have the Spanish word.

Yes, a friend got into big trouble with that belief once. Without going into details, let's just say that embaraza doesn't mean embarassed, but it might make you so.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Ha. Yeah, I'm sure.

These are pretty basic and reliable rules like:

ant as in important is ante - Importante

or

ance as in importance is ancia - Importancia

or

ence as in presence is encia - Presencia

or

ical as in political is ico - politico

these rules include endings like ible (possible), able (capable), and several more. It's easy stuff that gives you a lot of spanish words once you remember the rules based upon typical endings for large groups of words.

He comes up with some fantastic memory rules for many of the versions of words related to tense as well. He's a pretty good teacher.