The Fluke 376 With iFlex - An Inspector's Clamp-On

hausdok

Kenmore, WA - October 19, 2010

tn_2010101919132_iFlex.jpgEver been frustrated trying to get the jaws of a clamp-on meter to work in tight places? Fluke has just debuted perhaps the ideal clamp meter for home inspection use - the Fluke 376 with iFlex.

The Fluke 376 looks like any conventional clamp meter until the user needs to get the jaws around a hard-to-reach cable. That's when the Fluke 376 allows the inspector to get up close and personal, by simply connecting the iFlex accessory - essentially a thin flexible cable that can be threaded completely around the conductor to be read - in order to get the reading.

To learn more about this remarkable new device, click here >>. For an interactive product demo, click here >>.

Looks like a design that would pick up stray magnetic fields from adjacent conductors, giving an inaccurate reading. When the cable doesn't wrap tight around the conductor, the extra air space can be traversed by adjacent fields and those fields that do enter that space will register on the readout.

Marc

Looks like a design that would pick up stray magnetic fields from adjacent conductors, giving an inaccurate reading. When the cable doesn't wrap tight around the conductor, the extra air space can be traversed by adjacent fields and those fields that do enter that space will register on the readout.

Marc

I don't know much about any of that; however, I should think that, since producing test instruments is what they do, Fluke has probably already anticipated that and accounted for it in the design.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

I suspect that the instructions for the tool will warn about that and advise you to keep the excess loop well away from other conductors.

In tight panels my regular, old fashioned meter sometimes picks up fields from nearby conductors. I can sometimes eliminate them by twisting the clamp so that it's tight against the conductor that I'm measuring.

- Jim Katen, Oregon

If a small rubber band were lapped around the cord and used to take out any slack while keeping the surplus cord length in contact together, then stray field might not find their way in between and influence the readout. Perhaps Fluke provides this with the instrument.

Click to Enlarge
tn_201010201939_Untitled.jpg

22.29 KB

Marc