Kurt, were you there!

Good video......although, they're over in Wisconsin; I'm still on the east side of the pond.

Yeah, it was nuts the last couple days.......50-60mph gusts. I got a little, but I got blown off the water early on. I'm feeling the age thing. Some of those guys were getting 50' of air, and several seconds of hang time.

Folks think it's a lake. It's a flat farm pond some days, and some days it's a raging sea with 15' waves. I like it when it gets lively; it's our "mountain", and every once and a while, I still try to climb it.

No sharks, AND we're unsalted.......

Looks like fun. There's a place less than two miles from my home that deals in those gizmos for folks who want to take them out on Lake Washington. One of these days, I'm gonna try it. With my extra, uh, ballast, I shouldn't have to worry about getting airborne.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

You park it high up in the power window and sheet out; the sail just kind of hangs there. It's about knowing where to put the kite, and being able to get it there.

When you want power, you drop it down into the zone, sheet in, and it's like being attached to a tractor.

Totally different lakes. Lake Michigan on the east side is mostly sand; very high silica content. On the western (Wisconsin) side, it's rocks.

10,000 years of prevailing westerlies piled the sand up on our side.

There's rocks up around the straits and in the passages between the islands, but down here, sand.

Mostly pure silica; that's why there were so many steel mills and casting plants around here. Sand for the molds.

So, did you tie that Royal Coachman, or is that a stock pic?

(I used to tie and build fly rods when I was a kid.)

I stole the pic. I can and have tied them but, tying those are for show. You really don't need many patterns to catch fish.

BTW. That's a Royal Wulff. The coachman has feathers for wings. Those are deer or elk hair. Lee and Joan Wulff had a flyfishing school on the Beaverkill or Willowemoc river down in the area where people from the city think upstate NY is.

Anyway, Lee Wulff tied several variations of popular drys with hair wings.

I met Fran Betters from our Ausable river. Bought his book, then started tying a deadly little fly of his, called The usual. You can fish it dry or wet. It's nothing but a couple wads of snowshoe rabbit foot hair.

At the time, I spent winter weekends running dogs on Tug Hill. Material for the flies was abundant