not for me, tower climber

Now, I happily rode all the rides atop the Stratosphere in Vegas, but at 1100 feet, it's 650 feet shorter than this tower.

And you get to ride an elevator to the top floor, with a nice wide stair way out to the roof. I didn't like the observation deck, something about the stale air, the sloped glazing, and the sway of the building made queezy. As soon as I hit the stairwell and could feel the fresh air I felt a lot better, and once out on the roof I barely noticed the movement at all. The big shot was a ton of fun but the scariest part of that coaster is stepping off the edge of the building to get in the car.

Now, I happily rode all the rides atop the Stratosphere in Vegas, but at 1100 feet, it's 650 feet shorter than this tower.

And you get to ride an elevator to the top floor, with a nice wide stair way out to the roof. I didn't like the observation deck, something about the stale air, the sloped glazing, and the sway of the building made queezy. As soon as I hit the stairwell and could feel the fresh air I felt a lot better, and once out on the roof I barely noticed the movement at all. The big shot was a ton of fun but the scariest part of that coaster is stepping off the edge of the building to get in the car.

Oh, the Big Shot was nuts. I had no idea what to expect when I went out onto the 921 foot high platform. It's kinda cool getting oriented by watching the riders ahead of you get fired, like a rocket, at 45 MPH straight up another 165 feet right in front of you as the speakers break out in Elvis singing, "Viva Las Vegas". ....

"NEXT!".... [:-propell

Great ride....

That free-climb reminds me of Fred Dibnah. I don't remember where I first saw videos of him a few years ago; maybe it was here. In the first one, I got a sick feeling in my stomach at 9:10. Kudos to the cameraman.

The most amazing part is unseen. How the hell does he haul the ladders up and tie them off?

[utube]

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344">

[utube]

" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344">