Toilet Question

Brian G

I ran into one the other day where it would only fully flush if you held the handle down. What's the cause there? I assume it's a problem with the mechanism, but I've never seen any discussion of that particular problem and I'm no plumbing guru, so I thought I would ask. Whass up widdat?

Brian G.

Waste Recepticle Challenged [:-dunce]

The chain merely needs to be tightened, or the clip on the down-rod if it's a Fluidmaster. I used to consider this a homeowner/maintenance issue until a woman threatened to sue me for the two-hundred bucks she had to pay a plumber to adjust all her commodes. Live and learn, yes?

John

Originally posted by Scottpat

Brian, were you load testing the toilet?

Naw, I haven't found the industry standards for that test yet. [;)]

Besides, what if you run the test and the toilet can't come close to "passing it"? [:-yuck]

Thanks to the responders. Now I know that Rochester is actually duller than Columbus. [:-boring]

Brian G.

Not That Bored Yet

Originally posted by Jim Morrison

Once the novelty of indoor plumbing wears off, you'll find yourself wondering how you ever got along without it.

Unlike our Yankee cousins around Princeton, our fecal matter is clear and odorless (our **** don't stink). No need for such things. [^]

Brian G.