B.O.G.

Jerry Lozier

Don't normally pull out fridge, however this one had no power or water to the door and ice maker was off so thought better check to see if water line was there, etc.

It was.... along with a spot of Black Organic Growth, only thing missing was a couple mice.

Glad I did, would hate to get a call back on this kinda oversight!

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif P1100051.JPG

81.17 KB

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif P1100053.JPG

90 KB

Don't normally pull out fridge, however this one had no power or water to the door and ice maker was off so thought better check to see if water line was there, etc.

It was.... along with a spot of Black Organic Growth, only thing missing was a couple mice.

Glad I did, would hate to get a call back on this kinda oversight!

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif P1100051.JPG

81.17 KB

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif P1100053.JPG

90 KB

I never pull a refer but I think from now on I should at least have a look-see.

Good catch. Is this a cold wall on the exterior or backed up to a stairway or chase?

Of course there is a high moisture content from the refrigerator condensate, just surprised we don't see more of this, especially in humid climates.

Inside wall, vacant house (4 months) approx 60 degrees (Heat pump) in house, teens outside. Fridge was unplugged, so it is old damage, just waiting for moist air to start up again

When pulling a fridge, be careful not to pinch the water line.

-also, be careful of the floor-the manufactured home industry uses a loose-lay installation and it's easy to roll/pinch the vinyl.

You've also got to be careful of the floor finish. When I was a rookie at this gig back in 1996 I rolled a fridge out from the wall over a hardwood floor. When I pushed the fridge back in, the hard nylon casters had left two 1-inch wide impressions in the surface of the floor showing where I'd rolled out the fridge.

The builder was justifiably upset and I rightfully ended up paying for the repair.

Bend over the counter and look with your flashlight. There is no requirement for you to move large heavy objects and risk damaging the owner's floor. If you don't see it because there is a refigerator in the way, and moving the fridge would have damaged the surface, nobody is going to fault you for it except the dildo with teeth mold guy that shows up later and says, like Mike Holmes does when he gets to do an invasive inspection, "I can't believe the inspector didn't find this!"

I don't know about other states, but if Jerry had not moved that fridge for fear of damaging the floor, and hadn't been able to see that with the fridge in place, our board would never consider him to be at fault.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

When pulling a fridge, be careful not to pinch the water line.

-also, be careful of the floor-the manufactured home industry uses a loose-lay installation and it's easy to roll/pinch the vinyl.

You've also got to be careful of the floor finish.

Bend over the counter and look with your flashlight. There is no requirement for you to move large heavy objects and risk damaging the owner's floor.

I don't know about other states, but if Jerry had not moved that fridge for fear of damaging the floor, and hadn't been able to see that with the fridge in place, our board would never consider him to be at fault.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Thanks, Mike. You saved a few floors with that comment.