Finally.....

An upcoming inspection that I'm excited to do.

Typically, when I am told that I am inspecting an old (for this area) house that has been remodeled, I cringe, and then give myself an extra hour or two for the inspection. In this case, I may give myself some extra time to enjoy it.

Download Attachment: icon_adobe.gif 1730SWClayOregonianArticles.pdf

665.59 KB

An upcoming inspection that I'm excited to do.

Typically, when I am told that I am inspecting an old (for this area) house that has been remodeled, I cringe, and then give myself an extra hour or two for the inspection. In this case, I may give myself some extra time to enjoy it.

Download Attachment: icon_adobe.gif 1730SWClayOregonianArticles.pdf

665.59 KB

Looks like fun.

Is it a real AGA stove or just an AGA-brand gas stove that you turn on & off as necessary?

- Jim Katen, Oregon

I believe the article/owner is incorrect about it being a kit home. I have many catalogs of the pre-cut kit homes and there is nothing like that. Also, she claims her 1895 home is from a Montgomery Ward catalog. MW started selling plans only through its catalog in 1910. "Wardway" pre-cut kit homes were offered from 1922 to 1931.

When I recognize an upcoming inspection as a kit home, I often arrive with a copy of the catalog page advertising the home. I've had some folks tear up when I give it to them.

Yeah, it's definitely not Aga's "stored" heat model. I believe that you are correct about it being a Legacy model; I can just make out the word "Legacy" along the top of the stove in the posted pic.

I'm glad it isn't the "stored" heat model (although it would be cool to see one in person):

WIKIPEDIA

"AGAs have recently been criticised for their high energy consumption and inefficiency.[4] A small, two-oven AGA running on gas will use approximately 425 kWh per week (22,100 kWh per year). The average standard gas oven and hob uses 580 kWh during a year, only 2.62% of the AGA's consumption.[5]"