Cable clamps?

Ben H

Lookin' for a nice, or fancy clamp for the switch box for this old table saw I'm working on. 1/2 hole, 12/3 S-O cable. The standard clamp that folks use for romex just ain't gonna cut it this time.

I looked at HD today, and all they had were a few watertight fittings that were nice, but designed for hard conduit. I couldn't see how to secure the cable with it.

Any clue?

Lookin' for a nice, or fancy clamp for the switch box for this old table saw I'm working on. 1/2 hole, 12/3 S-O cable. The standard clamp that folks use for romex just ain't gonna cut it this time.

I looked at HD today, and all they had were a few watertight fittings that were nice, but designed for hard conduit. I couldn't see how to secure the cable with it.

Any clue?

That's SO *cord*. The thing you're looking for is called a cord grip. There's a nice one here:

http://www.showmensupplies.com/pdshop/s ... itemid=426

I doubt that you could get #12 SO through a 1/2" knockout. Is a 3/4" knockout available?

- Jim Katen, Oregon

Any clue?

Why 12/3 SO cord? There are cords that are a smaller diameter, & do you need 12 AWG? Here is a link for a decent cord connector w/ a Kellems grip.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/HUBBEL ... Pid=search

The Heyco bushings rather suck.[:-bigeyes

Any clue?

Why 12/3 SO cord? There are cords that are a smaller diameter, & do you need 12 AWG?

3 Hp Leeson Motor, and it's what I have on hand. [;)]