Flying High

resqman

My son just completed his Eagle Scout board of review. He is now officially an Eagle Scout. He turns 18 yrs old in about 7 weeks so wrapped it up with a little bit of time to spare.

He did not start Boy Scouts until he was almost 15 yrs old. Took him 3 years and 1 month from joining until earning the rank of Eagle Scout. He also played on a travel sports team and high school sports team. Several weekends were tough choices to either attend a game or campout.

His brother only lacks about 4 merit badges, Eagle project and 6 months in current rank and he could be an Eagle as well.

I know not everyone agrees with all the principles of Boy Scouting but I am very proud of my third generation Scout and second generation Eagle Scout.

Click to Enlarge
tn_20112922314_003.jpg

44.65 KB

Son with Scoutmaster

Congratulations to him, and you for supporting his efforts.

I've got two grandsons heading that way, one 12 and one 8 still in Cub Scouts.

The Scout went snow camping in January with the temperature around 20 degrees. Grandpa didn't go with on that one. Hey, I had to work that day!

Thanks for all the well wishes. That is my son but that is not me. That is the Scoutmaster. I have been an Assistant Scoutmaster for the last 4 years.

I am the one on the right in this pic. I was playing the role of parent and am not in uniform. The evening was about my son and not me so chose to wear my civilian attire.

Click to Enlarge
tn_201121022250_009.jpg

43.54 KB

Congratulations to your son and to you as well. I served as a volunteer leader with the Scouts for 20 years or long enough to get my two older sons and many other young men through the program.

I'm a staunch believer in the method of Scouting and the end product we see in those that attain the rank of Eagle.

My brother, my son and I are Eagle Scouts, I have had the pleasure of mentoring about a dozen scouts to attain their Eagle rank.

Serving as Scoutmaster two different times was rewarding especially when a former scout will make a point to come over and say hello. Occasionally I will see my Scoutmaster from back in the 70's. He was a great influence on my life.

Being an Eagle Scout is an honor and privilege for sure. Congratulations on your son's accomplishment.