Another electrical what's this.

Richard Moore

I found these receptacles in a living room, in the middle of a window wall that already had "regular" receptacles at the usual spacing either side. I don't know why they would need the extras but my main question is what the little green and orange pictograms are supposed to be or represent. They all tested as normal 120 volt receptacles.

Any ideas?

Click to Enlarge
tn_2011225232917_0103.jpg

28.62 KB

The green dot indicates a “hospital grade" electrical device.

The orange triangle indicates an isolated ground (the ground of the outlet is isolated from the metal frame of the device and the metal box).

Thanks. Can you think of any reason (other than Erby's) to have these? They appeared to be purposely added but it didn't seem like a logical area to have a bunch of "machines that go beep".

The green dot indicates a “hospital grade" electrical device.

The orange triangle indicates an isolated ground (the ground of the outlet is isolated from the metal frame of the device and the metal box).

Thanks. Can you think of any reason (other than Erby's) to have these? They appeared to be purposely added but it didn't seem like a logical area to have a bunch of "machines that go beep".

Maybe a bedridden occupant or someone who ran very sensitive computer equipment out of that location?