The cat has it's own door to the litter box!

Scottpat

Before I got into this business I did a woodworking project for a young couple with two cats. My work wasn't related but they had erected what could only be described as a cat aviary at the end of their back yard. It was about 12' x 12' by 8' high, completely meshed in with chicken wire, and filled with various perches, boxes and dangling cat toys. Between the cat door at the house and the aviary was a long cat-walk running along the fence, also enclosed with chicken wire. So the cats could let themselves out, travel to their pen to enjoy the open air, but never actually be free.

Cat people are weird!

While inspecting a large custom home last week I came across a opening in the laundry room wall that was trimmed out just for the cat. It was a first for me.

It'd work better if it included a one-way door, preferably facing a busy street.

Well that would be true if the restaurant next door had a hot WOK ready to go!

Before I got into this business I did a woodworking project for a young couple with two cats. My work wasn't related but they had erected what could only be described as a cat aviary at the end of their back yard. It was about 12' x 12' by 8' high, completely meshed in with chicken wire, and filled with various perches, boxes and dangling cat toys. Between the cat door at the house and the aviary was a long cat-walk running along the fence, also enclosed with chicken wire. So the cats could let themselves out, travel to their pen to enjoy the open air, but never actually be free.

Cat people are weird!

Yeah, you can say that again. Last summer Yung and I were doing a pricey home over in Bellevue when I heard a shriek downstairs on the daylight basement level. I heard Yung calling, "Mike, Mike, help me," and I thought she'd fallen and got injured. I went running downstairs and found her backed up on one side of a hallway with one hand above her heart looking like she'd seen a ghost but apparently unharmed. "What's wrong?" I asked her. "I'm scared," she responded. "Scared of what?" I asked. "She pointed at the door across the hall and said, "Big one, scary eyes. I cannot go in there. Chingullo(disgusting)!"

She's terrified of snakes, so I figured maybe the homeowner had a terrarium with a snake in it. I opened the door and these folks had converted an entire bedroom into a gymnasium for cats. Ramps running up and down the walls, ladders, ledges, toys, ropes, poles; you name it, it was in there and sitting way up on top of two poles about five feet apart were two huge cats just staring down.

I cracked up. I tried to get her to go in there but she refused. I had to take the SureTest and Protimeter, go in there, check stuff out and then come out and give her back her gear.

A couple of weeks ago, I was up at the commissary and Yung wanted me to walk her purse dog (Peanut - my avatar) while she was inside grocery shopping. "I'm not walking that micro-dog in front of the commissary. No way!" I said. Wasn't any way I was going to get caught dead walking a 3 pound dog with serviceman all around me. "Take him out back," she said. I figured that would be okay, so I drove the car around to the back of the compound, took him out and let him go sniff around. About 30 seconds later a pair of feral cats at least twice his size came rushing out of some bushes and went after him. I guess they thought he was a rabbit or something and he must have thought they were huge lions, cuz he took off like his ass was on fire, yelping at the top of his lungs. The cats, realizing that they were chasing a dog and not a rat or a rabbit, pulled up short, just looked at the dog disappearing in the distance and kind of looked at each other as if to say, "Am I trippin'? Did you see what I saw? Was that a f*****g dog?!!!* It took me ten minutes to police up that pooch. He got behind some pallets and wasn't coming out for anything.

Some folks can't abide cats, I know one dog that definitely can't.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Cats go for the Roman arch. It may date back to the Cleopatra/Mark Antony days, when cats decided humans could serve on them.

My son moved into a rental apartment with a few conditions. One was that the home owners would leave their cat with him for a few months. The cat was refusing to use a litter box that was enclosed in a box with a square entry hole. I brought my Sawzall over and we cut a nice curved archway in the side of the box. This proved to be acceptable, and the cat went in and took a crap. [:)]

Click to Enlarge
tn_201131125320_Catsazz.jpg

62.5 KB

Is that really what it looks like? The litter box is under the seat in a dining nook? [:-yuck]

Suddenly, I'm not looking forward to lunch.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Yes, I'm afraid so. Luckily the cat lovers came and collected their cat sooner than anticipated. BTW, that was their design. I trimmed it out so it would work. My bad. [:-paperba