Home Inspectors on Facebook

In another post a couple of us were threaddrifting by trading links to our Facebook Business Pages to swap "Likes" on each other's Business Pages.

Thought it would be good if we moved the thread drift from there to a Facebook only post.

Here's the one's there so far:

InspectorJoe - Joe Hancaviz - HomePro Building Inspections - Nazareth, PA

Bain - John Bain - Bain Property Inspections - Lexington, KY

Erby - Erby Crofutt - B4U Close Home Inspections - Georgetown, KY

mgbinspect - Michael Bryan - MGB Inspection Services - Midlothian, VA

If you're on Facebook, feel free to "LIKE" the above pages and post your own links below.

If you're not into Social Networking, well, what the heck, I'm not into race car driving. Did you know you can lose a NASCAR driver that's chasing you just by turning right?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the 'likes' Ezra, Chad, Kevin, John and Erby. I feel like Sally Field at the Oscars! I've only had my page one day and I'm already 1/5 of the way to getting my vanity URL.

Now I have to go do some liking.

Edit

Hey Erby, I just had to share the captcha word that came up when I 'liked' you. I had no idea you could choose your own. lol

Click to Enlarge
tn_201138221312_Image2.jpg

50.45 KB

I've been told by clients that I should have a FB business page, but I haven't gotten around to setting one up. At the same time, I realize that I should do this. After all, younger clients (the ones who suggest this) are the future; older ones who don't use cyberspace venues are dying off. I'm speaking in generalities, of course. My 77 y.o. dad is on FB.

Honestly, I set up a personal FB page only because various people told me that I "had" to have one. I'm not a Luddite by any means, but I don't do a bloody thing with it.

I guess it's time to get with the program and set up a biz page. Do they work?

It's OK, Randy. Husbands don't like you either.

This is funny stuff on your website! Gotta love it. I might steal that.

• Meet Randy and hang out with him. How much is that worth!?

• Wives--get a professionally compiled honey-do list for your husband!

• Husbands--um, get a professionally compiled honey-do list.

No wonder the husbands hate your guts.

I hate Facebook.

I get status updates from classmates and friends I haven't heard from in decades. A majority are announcements about them being grandparents. THEY'RE MY AGE (I have 2 young kids). I shouldn't be perpetually reminded that I'm actually old enough to be a grandfather. Most of the rest of the posts are notifications about which of my old friends and classmates are dead.

Here's our company's page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tri-Count ... 5596111732 I'll like you if you like me.

Hello, and thanks for the linking opportunity.

I'm in a pretty rural area where most people still rely on yellow pages and the word of their realtour, but the facebook users are starting to outnumber those without, and they are the ones looking to buy homes. Things are starting to look a little brighter out here.

You can find me here: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Diamond-H ... 9719928032

I can't figure out how to use it. Jimmy set up a TIJ page eons ago and I've got a page but I have no friggin ideal how to use it or what one is supposed to do once you're over there. It's all weird, people friending that I've never ever heard of and wanting me to do the same. I just don't get it.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Select your friends carefully and ignore those you don't know.

Learn how to block the apps and websites that want permission to post on your wall.

Learn how to block the Farmville and Horoscopes and other crap.

Post a few things a week.

Then you can enjoy it.

I had it easy. I had my daughter, who is into Facebook, show me how to do it and help me with it for awhile.

It can be very intrusive IF you let it. I don't.

Bill: learn how to block the stuff you don't want to see or get a kid to do it for you.

Kandy: You're too old & tired to mess with this stuff. Forget it.

Kurt: Not really any more necessary than other forms of advertising. Some work for some people. Others work for other people.

I like the work I get from it.

TIJ is actually a group rather than a business page. (Don't ask me to explain. I don't know the difference)

It's at: https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=191501582781

-

Yeah, I suppose you're right, but I still think I should have a presence on Facebook.

I got help from a Facebook freak. It's really all very simple. You have to learn how to shut off the stuff you don't want. If you don't learn how to run the controls to limit stuff, you'll be buried in a mountain of crap.

Whaddya know, it was right there in the box, in fine print: ""Sick of seeing these? Verify your account now. Who reads the fine print?

Ben, post the link to your business page.

Joe

I did, just didn't make it as noticeable as what Erby did. Changed now, see above post.