Signed contract for insurance

chrisberg

What if a client doesn't have a touch screen or digital-based pen tablet with a stylus? Can he still do it?

Yes; I assume that nearly all of my clients are just using a regular laptop or desktop computer. In fact, most clients don't actually 'draw' out their signature. They just type their name in, and this becomes their signature. If they prefer to try using a mouse to scribble their signature, they can try, but it doesn't work well.

Try clicking the link I included to see for yourself - you can scroll right to the bottom of the contract where it says "Click to Sign".

Do Android devices have a touch screen?

Yes. I've never tried using an Android phone to access my agreement though.

- Reuben

• 8 years later...

Since a lot has changed since 2011, I thought this question deserved an update.

Pretty much every home  inspection insurance provider requires home inspectors get their pre-inspection agreements signed prior to the inspection.

To learn a bit more on why it has to be signed ahead of time, and to get some tips on how to get it signed prior to the job, I recommend reading our article "Behind the 'Pre' in Pre-Inspection Agreement" here.

Keep in mind that many states accept real estate agent signatures via the limited power of attorney. You can read more about how that works in our article "Who can sign my pre-inspection agreement?" here.

Good luck!

On 6/22/2019 at 4:34 PM, Les said:

all inspectors must be aware that their insurance company is not their attorney.. consult your atty. 

Definitely a good idea to consult your attorney, though I'd add the caveat that it helps to have an attorney that's a) licensed in your state and b) has experience in the home inspection industry. Depending on your insurance provider, they may have attorneys that fit the description above that review agreements for their insureds or provide state-specific agreements to insureds. But with most providers, you have to request that service.

34 minutes ago, InspectorPro Insurance said:

Definitely a good idea to consult your attorney, though I'd add the caveat that it helps to have an attorney that's a) licensed in your state and b) has experience in the home inspection industry. Depending on your insurance provider, they may have attorneys that fit the description above that review agreements for their insureds or provide state-specific agreements to insureds. But with most providers, you have to request that service.

or I could go next door to my kids's law office.😊

• Haha 1