4' from kitchen sink

Jerry Lozier

Guess not technically in kitchen, however panel is 4' from kitchen sink. Don't remember anything about panel from a sink however old rule of thumb was a receptacle must be GFCI with in 6' of sink. Outside of looks like crap where it is, any other serious safety concern??

thanks Jerry

Download Attachment: icon_photo.gif P3140059.JPG

76.78 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_2011314212159_P3140072.jpg

39.77 KB

Looks like the intended place for the fridge to me too. If so, how would you more seasoned inspectors write it?

If there's no refrigerator in the kitchen and the refrigerator outlet is situated near that panel then I comment on the need for the panel to remain accessible.

Marc

Hey Jerry,

good question and you got some good answers.

This post may be a good time to remind posters to "scrub" the photos before posting. This house looks pretty clean, but this identifiable house should not be part of an international discussion.

Looks like the intended place for the fridge to me too. If so, how would you more seasoned inspectors write it?

If there's no refrigerator in the kitchen and the refrigerator outlet is situated near that panel then I comment on the need for the panel to remain accessible.

Marc

Good point from pic, Yes looks like place for fridge, however fridge was installed in kitchen in another area. This was the start of carpeted area just before getting into dining room....

thanks for the quick replies. Jerry