New FLIR E series for $7500

Ben H

Found some answers to the questions above.

The battery for the E60 lasts about 3+ hours, which should service through most home inspections. In case you need additional batteries they cost $85.

If you prefer the wide angle lens its cost is $995. You can usually get a discount if you purchase any "extras" with the imager's purchase.

I've attached a comparison sheet for these FLIR and Fluke imagers.

Regarding IR windows, they have been around since the commercially available imager. Their intent is to put an IR hole into equipment casing that an IR imager can see through, but still keeps the casing intact. It's primarily used for electrical inspections, allowing direct observations of the contents without removing the cover.

Download Attachment: icon_adobe.gif FLIR T E i Series Compare Fluke 6-11.pdf

302.4 KB

Hi,

You guys might be interested in knowing that Fluke just came out with what they call their P3 series. For building diagnostics it includes the TiR32 and two new models, the TiR27 and the TiR 29. The TiR27 and TiR29 are so new that I couldn't find any prices online yet. You can do a search by zip code for a distributor in your area and then call them direct for pricing.

To learn more, click here.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

For me, the placement of the Fluke buttons is perfect. I hold the unit in my right hand, a have my left hand on the left side of the unit with my fingertips on the focus wheel. I can hit the "save" button with either my right or left thumb without re-positioning.

Exactly. The stuff that really matters is all the stuff that no one thinks about in the sales brochures.

They're both good cameras, but the fluke has the subtle things figured out.

There's another "problem" with the Flir; touch screen.

That means a two handed interface, instead of one.

Simple is good with these things. The Flir isn't simple enough.

That's beginning to sound like Microsoft. So many dang features, it's more of an impediment. That's why I moved from IE to Chrome months ago.

Marc

• 4 weeks later...

Seems like allot of questions here about all the cameras and what is best....

Here is the simple answer...They all WORK! and do the same RESULT...take IR images. Everything along the way is preference meaning what button does what.

I have operated both Flir and Fluke and am familiar with most all other brands including Testo, Process Sensors and several other of the chinese brands.

Here are a few comments:

Flir Touch Screen: It is supplementary but not required to be used. Every feature can be operated from the buttons on camera itself (up down select etc.)

Flir E60 Camera is $7495, comes with 2 batteries (3 hour life), $85 each for additional. I have 3 (gives me a full day without having to charge anything)

Flir E60 wide angle lens: $995 Worth every penny

Fluke Ti32: Excellent camera and produces great images. It is true to utilize the images, you must put them through their software to convert the image. THere are some saving features on camera too but you loose radiometric (temp data) of image when you covert. Lens too is $995 although there are many promos on that

DROP/BREAK/ WARRANTY: Basically most if not all the cameras have the same drop ratings and shock ratings....Each camera has a warranty as well. I do know the Flir now has a 2/5/10 year warranty now which is a pretty big thing to get 10 years on detector: http://www.flir.com/WorkArea/linkit.asp ... ibID=52963

For reference: United Infrared has secured rates for the members: 10% off any camera, any brand. You will easily offset membership cost $500 with discounts and then make some. Sales tax is only charged in California and North Carolina. UI also has discounts on Level I/II/III Training and teaches a variety of applications. If you are looking to cut the learning curve, the network is the biggest and the marketing support is outstanding: They currently have 170 thermographers in 39 states and 4 countries right now. http://www.unitedinfrared.com/join for more info