Joe Bonamassa - Holy Sh** Can This Guy Pick !!!

Just saw this kid's Royal Albert Hall show on PBS. Quite phenomenal.

Pretty Kewl kid. Lots of talent. He was about 12 or 13 when he saw a video of Clapton playing at the Royal Albert and he said that's who he wanted to be like and where he wanted to play someday. Clapton came out and they did Further On Up The Road as a duet.

If your local PBS station is airing it, turn on the surround sound, crank up the volume and turn off the phones for an hour and a half and you won't regret it.

He'll be at the Paramount in Seattle on December 15th. That's one I'm probably going to attend.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Funny you should post this. I had never even heard of the guy until a couple of days ago. I was idly channel flipping when I came upon him playing (and being interviewed) at "Guitar Center Sessions". I think it's a DirecTV only program and channel. Anyway...yes, the guy can play! He explained that he started playing at the age of 3 or 4. His father owned a guitar store and they would have weekly "lessons" where the father would play him records of the various guitar greats...BB King, Clapton, etc, etc. He also said that he has no real style of his own but can mimic just about anyone.

I enjoyed the program and the music and will check out the PBS show, but my concert going days are mostly behind me. Being an official old curmudgeon, I have come to loathe crowds. It would have to be something special to get me to one again. Maybe a Pink Floyd reunion with all the pretty lights?

I mentioned him here before.

He's from the Utica N.Y. area. When he was 14, he played with BB King. When he was 19 or 20 ish, he played around here all of the time.

If you were to talk to him in person, you'd never think he would have the singing voice he has. No, I don't know him, but have talked to him a couple of times.

Guitar Player magazine called him the most talented player of our time. That's a pretty big endorsement. Especially when it's backed up by the likes of Clapton, Jimmy Page, and others who have stepped on stage with him. Then, there's the Joe Bonamassa signature Les Paul that Gibson introduced two years ago. Mine's prettier.[;)]

Click to Enlarge
tn_201131812389_GTBSLP.jpg

63.16 KB

Glad you guys discovered him.

See if you can dig up some of his acoustic stuff on Rapsody or whatever you listen to. You won't believe it.

I think one of the acoustic songs is titled Django. A tribute to another talented gentleman, who wasn't bad for a guy missing a couple of fingers.