Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Darren

Loose connection?

Recommended Posts

I don't think so. No signs of arcing on the wire itself, or overheated components. I see corrosion only. High moisture/corrosive environment?

That's my thought too - condensation and evaporation? (Wouldn't a loose connection make for resistance and overheating - scorching, etc?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Corrosion aided by elevated temperatures. Based on the discoloration.

Heat a plate of steel with an oxy-acytl torch and the opposite side of the plate will corrode before your eyes. Lower temperatures can do the same with enough time.

Marc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...