Still walking roofs?

charlieb

Why?

What use is it to an inspector if it can't get up under the eaves to inspect frieze vents, if it can't check tab adhesion, if it can't check nail placement and depth, etc.? How does it check for a drip edge? How does it check the condition of a cover under a layer of debris or moss?

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

It's not like I wouldn't love to be able not to have to ever set up another ladder. For that matter, I'd love to not have to bellycrawl anymore crawlspaces and I'd love to have a friggin robot to do it for me. I just haven't seen the machine yet that could maneuver its way through all of the obstacles under a house and do everything that's needed to be done.

Nah, the machine I'm going to get - if I ever get one - will be organic with two arms, two legs, the same or better agility than I have, not afraid of spiders or gooey stuff or dark holes or heights and will have hands so it can look behind stuff to see what's going on. Best of all, it will be about half my age and be able to think for itself.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

I think I'll find a new sandbox to play in this morning.

Sometimes it gets that way..........we all mean well, it's just that we're a little nuts.

Getting on roofs is the best part of the job..........although, I'd love one of those toys for scaring squirrels out of my garden. Maybe I could get one with mini-napalm canisters........

I was checking that gizmo out after Xmas came and went and I didn't get one. [:(]

There's a catch or two. People who've tested them say:

It don't fly so good in the wind.

It will only fly until the battery expires. Then it simply stops flying.

It will fly out of range of your iPhone with uncontrollable consequences.

Maybe Santa did me a favor. I'd still like to play with one, though.