This would be fun to inspect

It'd be pretty cool to live in too.

Kurt-

I agree that it would be conceptually cool to live in but it seems that many of the most published houses are not that practical to to live in. The owners probably have another house or two that they regularly use and just have this one for show! I know the neighborhood and I have a feeling that money is not an issue for the owners.

Isn't that the house from that Keanu Reeves movie.... The one with him and Sandra Bullock, where they trade letters through time via the mailbox... The name of it escapes me.

Edit* - The Lake House

I think you're referring to "The Lake House." Not the same house at all.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

I see some orange leaves at the back. This means that winter is coming soon in the area of which the house is located.

Seems expensive to heat up!

But it is, indeed, beautiful! I'd live there anytime!

Depending on the glass used, I think it would be pretty cheap to heat - like a greenhouse.

-B

So,

That begs the question. If you live in a house like that and hang a set of curtains at certain places throughout the house to designate where the "windows" are, why couldn't you walk around in the buff, beer gut and all, as long as you don't stand in front of the "windows?" I mean, one isn't expected to screen 100% of one's own walls to prevent nosy persons from looking through the walls, no?

I can imagine that when things get heated in the bedroom that the local teenagers probably gather in the woods nearby to watch the sex education movie.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

How about if you had glass with one layer like

this?

Money would definitely have to be no object.

They use that glass in the new U of O athletic building. It's pretty damn cool. The building was a gift from Phil Knight. The rumor is that there was no construction budget for the building. I've toured it twice and must say that I was very, very impressed.

http://blog.oregonlive.com/behindducksb ... r_bac.html

How about if you had glass with one layer like

this?

Money would definitely have to be no object.

When I was with AT&T Labs I worked on a project that used such glass between a conference room / front office area and a Network Operations Center 24/7 console/operation.

Pretty slick and was pricey even in that limited application. Was not a full wall of glass.