Why a hacksaw . . .

Bain

I'm thinking you city dwellers don't see PVC vents very often.

Here, when a house is built, caps are glued to the tops of the vents--or sometimes bladders are inserted if there's access in the attic--and the drain system is pressure tested to make certain there are no leaks.

Once the plumbing inspector okays the drains, the caps have to be removed. The quick and easy way to do that is to whack the cap with a hammer, like in my photos. But in my photos, the cap fell into the vent and is now blocking it. The CORRECT way to remove the caps is to saw them off with a hacksaw so the diameter remains what it should be, and also so the cap doesn't wind up in the vent.

Y'all don't do it right. You should leave the cap on and then just drill a few dozen holes in the pipe!

Click to Enlarge
tn_201145142018_HPIM5139.jpg

101.79 KB

Hmmm. If they had drilled into the side of the cap instead of the pipe, that would probably work just fine

Now aint that special? Special ed plumbing that is! [:-crazy]

Y'all don't do it right. You should leave the cap on and then just drill a few dozen holes in the pipe!

Click to Enlarge
tn_201145142018_HPIM5139.jpg

101.79 KB

Maybe I should have put one of the little smartass face thingys after that comment.

Hmmm. If they had drilled into the side of the cap instead of the pipe, that would probably work just fine

Now aint that special? Special ed plumbing that is! [:-crazy]