Illinois roofing license testing

illinoisroofer21

Looking into getting my illinois roofing license. I have been working for a local roofing company for 5 years now. Ive been reading online about these NFCA manual but its hundreds of dollars. If anyone has taken the test is it worth the money I am pretty confident I know roofing inside and out and im just going for the residential license is should I buy the book or have any online places I can look to study and brush up on things? thanks again in advance for any help.

actually im already certified through certainteed. my employer had a rep come to our warehouse and we watched a video took a test got our certificate and hat and all that. So back to the question am I going to need that book or whats on the illinois test is it knowledge based questions about what to use in what situation or is it more about specifications and safety??? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Looking into getting my illinois roofing license. I have been working for a local roofing company for 5 years now. Ive been reading online about these NFCA manual but its hundreds of dollars. If anyone has taken the test is it worth the money I am pretty confident I know roofing inside and out and im just going for the residential license is should I buy the book or have any online places I can look to study and brush up on things? thanks again in advance for any help.

Never heard of the NFCA. If you're talking about the NRCA manuals, there used to be online versions. The format wouldn't allow you to save them, copy them, or search them, but you could read them and they were helpful.

Also, check out ebay and abebooks. You won't find a new NRCA manual there, but you might find one that's a version or two behind and selling cheap.

What does it cost to take the test? If it's much cheaper than the manual, just take the test. If you don't pass, you'll have a really good idea of what to study then.

Also, if you take the test in Chicago, isn't there an option to bribe the test center personnel?

hehe ya bribing people in illinois seems to go a long way talk to a few of our recent gov. ya i went to the nrca site and they have changed where you can view the books online :( anyone else have any other ideas for me or anyone from illinois that have taken the test and can steer me in the right direction of what to study for it would be greatly appreciated thanks again in advance.