Stone face to vinyl side wall detail

Ben H

Does anyone have a good breakdown detail of corner where it changes from the "dry stack" stone look to vinyl siding. I've got a client that had me do an inspection before her one year builder warranty is up. Looking for something to add with the report of a "this is how it should be done" nature.

At the corner you can actually see the edge of the OSB on both walls. They ran the house wrap to edge, and cut it flush on both the front and sides wall.

Click to Enlarge
tn_2011419153138_DSCN4834.jpg

68.14 KB

Click to Enlarge
tn_2011419153220_DSCN4835.jpg

88.49 KB

Most face wall veneer is laid up to stand proud at the side wall, so that the siding would butt up to (behind) the face. As Mike's example doesn't show an outside corner detail like that, the builder could say that his way is the right way.

You will have to look around the community for the detail that you think is right (I think what I described is right for my area) to prove to your clients and the builder that what he did is abnormal.

I agree Ezra. I have a feeling this is going to turn into a battle. Just another crap builder, building crap houses.

But then again, I don't see how in the world they can combat the fact they didn't even continue the house wrap around the corner. If you go by Mike's guide, it says all corners should overlap 16 inches each way.