Angry Lake - Photo

Thanks all.

The path next to the lake was closed due to hazardous conditions so I had to climb over the gate and walk about a half mile to get near the nasty stuff. Sailing on this? No way! I can't imaging how that could be fun.

The sky was a solid grey so I pasted in something from an old photo to give it some balance. God bless PS.

This was another take of the same shot.

Click to Enlarge
tn_201142010575_LSD%20stormy%20jpg%20w%20sig_Small.jpg

59.34 KB

Sailing on this? No way! I can't imaging how that could be fun.

I used to sail in this stuff. It wasn't fun as much as it was exhilarating.

You'd get back to shore, thankful to survive, and be so pumped on adrenaline, you'd head back out into it again.

Kind of like "I didn't enjoy it, but I valued the experience".

Sailing on this? No way! I can't imaging how that could be fun.

I used to sail in this stuff. It wasn't fun as much as it was exhilarating.

You'd get back to shore, thankful to survive, and be so pumped on adrenaline, you'd head back out into it again.

Kind of like "I didn't enjoy it, but I valued the experience".

Paratroopers do that in their spare time; it's called "strap hanging." You cruise the drop zones on Bragg until you find a company that's jumping and got a Caribou landing and taking off every ten minutes. You pop in with a helmet and jump card, find the JM and offer to relieve their own guys from shakeout detail if they allow you on. If you're lucky, they've ordered plenty of extra chutes, their CO doesn't mind and you get in 3-4 jumps in quick succession.

It was worth an hour or two of shaking out gear and getting covered with dust for the rush.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike