Anyone know this product?

gtblum

I feel a little stupid for not paying more attention to the substrate, but I thought for sure it was a durock type of sheet good under it.

It looks like it was cut with a circular saw. Hmm.

I was trying to remember if I'd ever seen it on one the admin buildings at one of the nuke plants. Those plants supplied a lot of material to the construcion workers homes when they built.[;)]

Plywood that has pea gravel adhered on one side. I don't know it's trade name. Was commonly used here for exterior finish on condo firewalls.

Marc

Marc, I just blew this pic up to see the cut better. It looks like the pebble is on a sheet of 1/8 inch plywood, on 1/2 cement board. Is that the same as what you're talking about?

Plywood that has pea gravel adhered on one side. I don't know it's trade name. Was commonly used here for exterior finish on condo firewalls.

Marc

Marc, I just blew this pic up to see the cut better. It looks like the pebble is on a sheet of 1/8 inch plywood, on 1/2 cement board. Is that the same as what you're talking about?

If memory serves, it was more like 1/4 or 3/8th ply.

Marc

"Aggregate-coated plywood" is the name of the product. It was popular at one time for exterior cladding, starting in the late 60s.

It's available today as stone-aggregate panels, but the substrate is now fiberglass/resin. It's mostly used for commercial building facades and extensively used for outdoor trash receptacle panel inserts.