1978 Sub-panel

Mark P

All in same building.

In that case, the sub panel grounding conductors and neutral conductors were supposed to be isolated. Just like today. My reference is the 1975 NEC, Article 250-61(b).

I can personally only trace this back to the 1947 NEC.

Douglas has traced it back further, but I'm not sure about the edition. For some reason 1923 sticks in my head.

Jim Katen, Oregon

All in same building.

In that case, the sub panel grounding conductors and neutral conductors were supposed to be isolated. Just like today. My reference is the 1975 NEC, Article 250-61(b).

Douglas has traced it back further, but I'm not sure about the edition. For some reason 1923 sticks in my head.

Jim Katen, Oregon

Other than GECs, would there be any grounding conductors before 1947?

All in same building.

Jim Katen, Oregon

Other than GECs, would there be any grounding conductors before 1947?

Yes. While there weren't equipment grounding conductors as we know them today, many of the old electrical books discuss grounding of conduits, cable sheaths, cabinets, frames, & so on.