Is this copper wiring? Co-Alum?

Amn

Originally posted by kurt

They don't fit well on their cheesey aluminum bar mounts. The poor fit can result in arcing, arcing can result in fire.

Thanks for the info. WOW thats good to know because in San Antonio I have seen alot of them out there and did not know the danger.

Mark,

You stated your new to the business; how new?

Did you take any training courses? Federal Pacific & Zinsco are (should be) covered during training.

For anyone interested, there's a small blurb in the ASHI Reporter about the NJ lawsuit against FPE. Basically stating FPE was found guilty of consumer fraud, just something else that backs HI caling for replacement.

Darren

www.aboutthehouseinspections.com

• 7 months later...

Hi,

Around here (Seattle) a new 200 amp panel would cost between $1500 and $2000 depending on the company used. We're supposed to be one of the most expensive places in the country to live so it might be substantially less down there, but I don't know that for certain. Don Larsen or Paul should know.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

i may have purchased the same house that started this topic. Mine also had signs of termites in the garage, which have since been terminated. Bought this house in March which is the same time frame this topic started. I do a lot of wiring myself (Electrical Eng.) but have no desire to do a complete braker box replacement. I will leave that to the Pros'.

Originally posted by hausdok

Hi,

Around here (Seattle) a new 200 amp panel would cost between $1500 and $2000 depending on the company used. We're supposed to be one of the most expensive places in the country to live so it might be substantially less down there, but I don't know that for certain. Don Larsen or Paul should know.

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

About a year ago I replaced my FPE main service panel and a small garage FPE subpanel in Austin for $1400 (1800 Sq Ft townhome). When I'm asked by clients, generally I quote the range Mike did. I'd rather be a too high than too low.