What came first? - a quicky quiz

Looks like a cherry tree about 30 years old. My vote is for the dryer too. Remember my father bringing a used one home when I was barely bigger than a toddler. He was always accepting crap in exchange for work, furniture, washer and dryer, cars, engines, even an oil furnace. I still remember the Ford woody wagon he was given when I was in kindergarten. Wish to hell he'd kept it.

OT - OF!!!

M.

It's a rare day when I can correct Bill, but that's either a '67 or a '68 Mustang, not a '64-1/2 (as they were officially called) to '66 model. The cars got slightly larger with each successive body change. It's hard to tell unless you are really familiar with them, but the grill opening height is larger and shaped a little differently on the '67-'68 models. I restored several of them when I was younger and had something called free time.

1. Bendix Deluxe dryer 1946-1948

2. Ford Mustang 1964-1966

3. What species is the tree?

Cherry.

Bob should win, Bill got the dates, and Mike the species. But it's a trick.

The mustang in North America dates back to los Spanish conquistadors, late 1500's. [:)][:)][:)]

The grille on the Ford Mustang is distorted by the camera lens. The side bars on the grill emblem I think make it a '64 or '65?

I found an ad for sale on Ebay for that Bendix dryer, dated 1948, same year as the house.

I told my Asian client to give the car to me. Maybe I should have asked for the dryer. I told them to cut the tree down. I should drive by and see if either car, tree or dryer are still there.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1948-Original-BENDI ... 0062787154

Thanks for the laughs.

1. Bendix Deluxe dryer 1946-1948

2. Ford Mustang 1964-1966

3. What species is the tree?

Cherry.

Bob should win, Bill got the dates, and Mike the species. But it's a trick.

The mustang in North America dates back to los Spanish conquistadors, late 1500's. [:)][:)][:)]

The grille on the Ford Mustang is distorted by the camera lens. The side bars on the grill emblem I think make it a '64 or '65?

Thanks for the laughs.

Not to beat a dead horse (pardon the pun) but the 'stang is definitely a '67 or '68. The '67 had grille bars available also, but they didn't have the "shark gill" design on the headlight surrounds like the earlier cars did. The car in the photo above doesn't have the gills. The grille bars may have disappeared in '68; I don't know. Here's a '67:

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/photopos ... oto/132747

Chris B (allseason) and Kevin win the Mustang (Ford) mystery. Prizes are a bottle of Canadian beer for every contestant, but shipping is not included.**

I felt it was a 67 or 8, but got some incorrect info from the net last night, re: emblem sidebars. The wrong info confirmed Bill's guess of 64-66.

Sorry about that. However, Bill is allowed to be out by a year or two.

A caution for all - 1. only a portion of everything you read on the internet is fact.

Caution 2. A missing capital may not be a typo. [:)]

**If the Stanley Cup goes to Boston, there'll be no beer here.