New wuss- mobile

. . . I'd noticed that realtors - even the ones who're dirt poor and aren't selling many homes - like to drive expensive cars. I'd always figured it was some kind of psychological thing that says to potential clients, "Look at how successful I am. If you hire me to sell your home or help you find a new home, you too will be very successful."

Unfortunately, the polyester suit gives them away. . .

[:-smile_g

Put me in the presentable category. I drive an 06 SRX. I log 50k+ miles a year. I want a comfortable ride. I'm also cheap. The car cost 13k last Sept and had 72k on it. I limit my cost to own to 300 per year.

I average 18.5 city and 22 hwy. On occasion I strap on a 24 or 32 an it works fine. The hatch has about 1/4" clearance but will not fully open. I like to front load the ladder a bit and add a third strap to the draw bar. I too fill the tubes with foam. Orientation of the rungs also affects wind noise.

The last ride was a 03 Yukon Denali. MPG was embarrassing.

. . . The car cost 13k last Sept and had 72k on it. I limit my cost to own to 300 per year. . . .

You planning to keep it for 43 years?

typo

Make that 3000 per year. You'd never guess I started adult life as a accountant. It could explain why I left that field after 3 years.