Q. for Little Giant users

Is it just me or is that guy winded after setting up that beast? To see that thing fully extended, I didn't realize how high that actually was.

And that video does not show it fully extended, still another few feet left. I have one and while it is great and the only way for me to get on some roofs, it is a beast for one man to handle. I carry the short version (4.5' folded) of a Werner and only carry the big gun when I know it is a requirement to have it. Thank goodness for Bing and Google!

I carry the short version (4.5' folded) of a Werner and only carry the big gun when I know it is a requirement to have it. Thank goodness for Bing and Google!

Same here. I carry a model 17 and model 22, and only take the 26 when I need it. To see if I'm going to need it, I check out the the aerial views the night before at bing.com/maps.

I see from the demonstration that it is possible to extend the top section when it's upright - sort of. I guess it would work if you had wheels on it (I don't), had a smooth wall you could lean it against to roll along while you pushed it up (which would be rare) and didn't have a soffit at the top of the wall.

I carry the short version (4.5' folded) of a Werner and only carry the big gun when I know it is a requirement to have it. Thank goodness for Bing and Google!

Same here. I carry a model 17 and model 22, and only take the 26 when I need it. To see if I'm going to need it, I check out the the aerial views the night before at bing.com/maps.

I see from the demonstration that it is possible to extend the top section when it's upright - sort of. I guess it would work if you had wheels on it (I don't), had a smooth wall you could lean it against to roll along while you pushed it up (which would be rare) and didn't have a soffit at the top of the wall.

Joe, I think your way is better. At least you seem to put less effort into it than that guy in the warehouse. [:)]

His ladder went skidding in to the wall, then it was a visible grunt to raise the last bit, with some real strain and sweat going on there. Nothing like the sweaty armpits for when you go to greet the clients, eh?

I do use a variation of his method for the shorter ladder, however I stretch and lock the top section with the ladder on the ground. No strain, no pain.

I'm too much of a wussy to use that big LG. I'll stick with the extension ladder on a rack.

BTW, the Jaws ladders don't flex in the middle. But I said that already.

If I go with a LG, is there any model I should not buy? There's so many options......

Better yet, is there a reason to buy a 300 dollar LG vs. this 199 dollar LG, such as is there is a much better latching mechanism (excluding the XE version)? The only difference I see is that there is a type 1 vs. type 1A rating. I'm only 6' 200lbs, so I don't want the extra weight of the 1A.

The XE weighs about 10lbs less than the classic. You'll be glad you spent the extra $100 everytime you pick it up. The leg leveler weighs about 5lbs last time I checked. Worth the $40 and weight.

As often as we use ladders, the 10lbs adds up in a hurry.