Behr paint

I will be at a newly renovated house doing a walk through with the buyer tomorrow. This is from a correspondence from a concerned party-

"....had asked that the builder/seller not use Behr interior paint, which carries a warning on the paint cans as follows: "This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm."

Does anyone have any information or heard anything about this? Is this a typical label regarding VOC's? Young children will be living in the house.

I will be at a newly renovated house doing a walk through with the buyer tomorrow. This is from a correspondence from a concerned party-

"....had asked that the builder/seller not use Behr interior paint, which carries a warning on the paint cans as follows: "This product contains chemicals known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm."

Does anyone have any information or heard anything about this? Is this a typical label regarding VOC's? Young children will be living in the house.

Yes, but it only caused cancer and birth defects *in* California.

That statement is on tons of products. It's about litigation, not cancer.

Next time you are in CA, check out all the other crazy warning signs... Like those on glass doors at public buildings..

Reminds me of a 1-way street in Cambridge MA that has a sign facing the wrong way (on the bike-path section) stating that "If you can read this, you are riding your bicycle the wrong way down this street".

What next?

"Warning: This paper bag could tear-open if wet leading to loss of contents"

"Warning: Rinse body after shower or soap can cause slippery conditions on floor and injury" (on bar of soap)

"Warning: Un-cooked popcorn kernels may reside in this container that can lead to broken teeth"

"Warning: If shoe-strings left untied, tripping and resulting fatal injury may result" (Stamped inside shoe so you see it before you put them on)

Reminds me of a 1-way street in Cambridge MA that has a sign facing the wrong way (on the bike-path section) stating that "If you can read this, you are riding your bicycle the wrong way down this street".

What next?

Stayed in a hotel in Aix en Provence. Got to the street and saw a one way sign. Drove around the block to the other end of the street. It had a one way sign. Parked, walked to the hotel desk to ask "sup"? He said, "Eet is simple. You ave to back in ze car".

I once actually read on a screwdriver package that I should not insert it into my ear. No kidding.

At this rate, eventually we'll all be warned that

"Any physical motion whatsoever is hazardous to your health. Ingestion, inhalation or absorbtion of any substance of any kind, natural or man made, may cause illness or death. Do not move, breathe, eat, drink or come into contact with anything at all!"

I once actually read on a screwdriver package that I should not insert it into my ear. No kidding.

At this rate, eventually we'll all be warned that

"Any physical motion whatsoever is hazardous to your health. Ingestion, inhalation or absorbtion of any substance of any kind, natural or man made, may cause illness or death. Do not move, breathe, eat, drink or come into contact with anything at all!"

Add to that: Exhalation, expelling of fluids or digested materials .. then we know the end times are a-comin'..