Anyone Got A Cure For A Pinched Nerve?

I know that spot!

I did some forestry survey work on the bluffs above the mouth of the inlet, private land that belongs to a Bible camp. We stayed in a float house and flew by chopper up to the jobsite. Had a mild encounter with Blacky the bear. Borrowed a tin boat and went up to Chatterbox Falls, mid April.

Click to Enlarge
tn_201191605234_Chatrbox2.jpg

32.78 KB

Mike, we need an update on your back pain.

We all know that's a Studebaker.

I've added a smiley here. [:)]

Mike, we need an update on your back pain. We all know that's a Studebaker.

Hi,

Hand is still not back to normal. Had to change my appointment with the neurologist to the 28th.

You wouldn't call a Lexus a Toyota, would you? The data/serial number plate says Packard on it, the nose says Packard on it and it's been registered as a Packard since 1958. It's a Packard.

Packard owned Studebaker at the time it was built. They had a right to call it whatever they wanted. Hell, they could have changed the name of all of the cars they were manufacturing to Packard and retired the Studebaker name if they'd wanted to. They probably should have done that. If they had, they might have survived.

When the folks from Curtis-Wright took over management of Studebaker-Packard they couldn't save both marques. They had to make a choice of which marque to keep. They retired the younger one and kept the Studebaker name because they were trying to get back in the black by competing with the big three by fostering an image of smaller less expensive cars. They hung on for nearly a decade. At one point, they were going to revive the Packard name by re-badging Facel Vega's. Mercedes-Benz had a marketing agreement with them and quickly put the cabosh on that plan by threatening to end their arrangement if they went ahead.

You better be smiling when you call my P.H. a Studebaker!

ONE TEAM - ONE FIGHT!!!

Mike

Gorgeous.

What's the water temp up around them parts?

It is always too cold. No, the inlets warm up when the sun shines. I don't know, Richard, did you take a dip when you were up there?

Just got back yesterday. Umm...nope...I don't dip much anymore. I did take the kayak for a spin around the head of the inlet and the water didn't feel that cold. I have a temp sensor on one of my transducers, but I didn't have that data set up on the plotter.

We also took the dinghy for a quick visit to the camp you mentioned at Malibu Rapids. We ended up getting a tour of the Young Life facility we really didn't want...but appreciated all the same. That's not a camp, it's a small self-contained town! They even have their own hydro-electric set-up feeding power from across the main fjord.